Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And she will be called...




Caroline: "Beautiful Woman"; Faith: "Faith"

"But by FAITH we eagerly await..." Gal. 5:5

Oh yes, by faith, we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our precious Caroline Faith! We can't wait to have you with us, baby girl!

Well, now you see why I was waiting to tell you her name...I wanted you to see it written in the sand! :) Our family loves the beach, so this was a really fun way to tell ya'll baby girl's name! And I am soooo ready to start referring to her by her name...Caroline!

Most of you know that all our kids' names start with the letter "C". Callie Grace, Carson, Caty and now, Caroline! (they are actually all "Ca" names!) It was pretty easy coming up with the name Caroline...Jody picked it out, and we all loved it! My great-grandmother was named Caroline, and my Dad wanted to name me Caroline when I was born! But my Mom wanted to name me Alison, and I guess we all know who won that decision! :)

And her middle name, Faith, was even easier to come up with. We have just started this adoption journey, and already it has been such a journey of faith! Faith in our precious heavenly Father! We pray that our faith will continue to grow and strengthen as He leads us to our daughter in Ethiopia!

And we pray that our newest daughter will grow up to be a beautiful woman of FAITH...just like her name means!

"O Lord, You are my God, I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name. For You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago, with perfect FAITHFULNESS." Isaiah 25:1

13 comments:

Heather said...

What a beautiful name! I'm sure yall are so excited for her arrival! Congratulations on your little girl!

Heather

P.S. We definitely have the same taste in music, I love all the songs that are on your playlist.

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

I love it!!

Christy said...

yay! So pretty. That's my hubby's cousin's name. SO exciting to see this journey continue for you!

Smitten Gift Boutique said...

Love the name! And can't wait for that precious baby girl to be here! Love you all Emily Hassell

Lauren said...

I absolutely LOVE that name!!!!! SO beautiful!! We were at the beach on Saturday and I wrote Tucker's name in the sand too... I didn't have my camera with me though. Your children all have beautiful names! I am so excited to watch this all unfold!! :)

Amy said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl! I cannot wait for God to bring your Caroline to you.
Blessings,
Amy

Unknown said...

oh, that is too adorable and cute...love it...I wrote in the sand too while waiting for LL..I love looking back at it now...so neat...kj

Shea said...

Precious, sweet name! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Love it! So beautiful and with great meaning!

The Segrest Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! Caroline is my sister's name and Carolyn was my grandmother's name- it has always been one of my favorites! Can't wait to meet SWEET CAROLINE!!!

Laurie said...

I know that God has foreordained Caroline to be a part of your family, and I am looking forward to praying for her by name!

Mars Family said...

So sweet! I love it...Cant' wait to meet her. Praying for her by name now...sweet Caroline!

Anna & Kirby said...

I stopped over here from Jenna's Journey. I loved looking around and reading about your adoption journey so far. I was adopted (a lot different from your story though) and so adoption stories are always of interest to me. I will pray for Caroline and your family! :)