Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I-600A in the Mail!

Well, I think this may be our last piece of adoption paperwork...for awhile at least! The I-600A form and fees were mailed to Texas today, and should arrive there tomorrow morning!


Here it is...ready to go to Texas!

So, what in the world is an I-600 A form?


Well, it's basically an application for the approval of our adoption from the USCIS. And what is the USCIS?


It is the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, which is within the Department of Homeland Security. The approval from U.S. CIS gives permission for Caroline Faith to enter the United States! So this is a very important piece of paperwork!

Once the USCIS receives and processes our form, we will be issued an appointment to be fingerprinted. Finally, when our file is complete and our fingerprints cleared, we should receive our FDL (Favorable Determination Letter) in the mail! Then we will "officially" be able to bring Carline Faith home! Yay!!

This process can take several months, so we are very fortunate that our agency, AGCI, allows us to go ahead and get on the waiting list before completing this step! I think we'll have plenty of time to get all this completed!

Also, I was so excited to receive a message from our new AGCI case manager, Miss K! She seems so sweet! I missed her call because I was taking Caty to ballet.


Little Miss Priss was back in action today! Yay! She told me after I took this picture, "Mommy, I like putting my hands on my hips!" :)

I love seeing her spunky little personality back! Yes, I know she is dressed like it's the middle of the summer. But honestly, that is what it feels like around here!

14 comments:

Lara said...

Woo hoo!! You guys are rockin' and rollin'!

Shannon said...

Congrats! You are on your way :-)

Kelly Jo said...

Good job getting that done...I sooo need to do mine!! I have my hands full this week so first thing next week I have to get it done!! :)

Erin S. said...

Thanks for you encouragement on my blog! I'm keeping up with your journey and keeping you all in my prayers! YAY for #93!! :)

Leigh said...

Yay for getting closer!!

but the thought of FBI fingerprints again makes me want to puke.

And I didn't even think about Caty being in summer clothes because it feels the exact same way here! 97 degrees on the first day of fall, such a shame!

Kelli said...

Yeah!!!!

ShellyO said...

Yea!! We are in the exact same place in the process... our homestudy agency is reviewing our homestudy and I've got those I600s ready to go this week. We will be praying for you guys. Love the FedEx pictures :-)

Erica said...

Hooray!!! SO SO Happy for you all!! One step closer!

Polly said...

So proud for you and Jody getting that I 600 A in the mail! Hopefully ours will be headed to Texas by the end of the week. I am also loving that new shirt you are wearing.... I can't wait to hear more about it tomorrow ; )

Janet said...

Ah, the last bit of paperwork to send off... I, like Kelly Jo, still need to do ours. By next week for sure! Praying for your little girl!!!

Lyndsay said...

Hi Alison!
We are just about in the same place in our adoption process. I mailed off our I600A on Sept. 9th. Hoping for a fingerprinting date for us both soon! :)
www.familyboulton.blogspot.com

jill funkhouser said...

Yahoo! The next step is complete! You have a beautiful family, I just became a follower of your blog! Blessings!
Jill
www.campfunk.blogspot.com

Christy said...

awww her shoes are so cute! :) I love your new blog song! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! Isn't it funny how little girls pose!!