Friday, August 13, 2010

MIRACLE on Friday the 13th!!!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but tonight we are CELEBRATING at our house because...


Guess what came in the mail this afternoon?! THE FBI BACKGROUND CHECK RESULTS!!!

Praise God!! I have just been repeating, "Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Jesus!" over and over again! When I saw these 2 envelopes in the mail this afternoon, I literally started shaking!! I ran in the house to show Jody, and we opened them together!


And here they are!! The results? All clear, no FBI record found!

This is a HUGE step forward for us! And a HUGE step closer to Caroline Faith! Now, all we have to do is wait on our home study to be written!

So here's the story...

I woke up Wednesday morning and read this verse in my daily Bible reading,
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-17

I knew this was a message from God regarding these FBI results that we had been waiting on for 8 weeks, to the day! So, I literally got on my knees and prayed this verse! And continued to pray it the rest of the day...that if it was HIS will for these results to come back soon, that they would come back THIS WEEK! Well, that night at church, our campus pastor preached on PRAYER! I went and prayed at the altar, laying these FBI results at His feet. That night, I felt that God was calling me to pray and fast about this the very next day, which was Thursday.

So yesterday, I prayed all throughout the day about these FBI results. Every free moment, I prayed. In the car, I prayed. Waiting on the school bus, I prayed. While folding laundry, I prayed.

Then this morning, I opened my Bible and it was still marked on the same page with the verse from 1 John. I prayed again, "Lord, I know that You hear our prayers! Please give us favor with the FBI! Please let it be according to Your will for these results to come back soon!"

Well, it's been a busy day because we're getting ready to host a baby shower in the morning for sweet Ella Kate! My mom came in town, and we've been running errands all afternoon for the shower. After we got home, I went out to check the mail, saw the 2 large envelopes with the FBI in WV on the return address spot!!

Tonight we are PRAISING GOD for this amazing answered prayer!! From now on, when Friday the 13th rolls around, I will always remember this was the day God gave us our FBI miracle!

20 comments:

Lara said...

8 weeks?! We are having ours done Tuesday. I'm scared!!

meredith and justin said...

Yay!! I am so happy for you guys! We put ours in the mail today and are praying the results come in quickly. It is so awesome how God just wants us to ask Him to do good things for us.
This verse you shared spoke to my heart today. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren and Nick Miller said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

The Barnes said...

Praise God! So happy that yall are one step closer to bringing Caroline Faith home.

Leigh said...

so glad you BOTH got your FBI checks back! That's awesome news!

and that is one of my favorite verses!

Amy said...

So happy for you to be moving forward in HIS timing. He is lining you up with your daughter. Can't wait!
Blessings,
Amy

Jenny said...

i was SO stinkin' excited when we finally got those back! i know how you feel!!!! congrats!

Mama Mimi said...

YAY!!! I literally screamed and jumped up and down (by myself, cuz no one was home) when we got those...I get the excitement! Celebrating this milestone with you!

The Segrest Family said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!! So happy for y'all. GOD IS GOOD!

Jed and Amanda said...

So glad you got it back so quickly! You will be on that wait list before you know it!!!

Kelly Jo said...

Celebrating with you!!! I was just praying this afternoon that they would come today!! God is sooo good!! :)

The Hunt Family said...

Awesome! If I remember correctly we sent ours a day after you. So maybe we will get ours today. I'm definitely praying for that. So excited for you guys.

Melanie said...

I am so excited for you! I will not forget the relief I felt when ours came back. It took ours 8 weeks too. I'm so happy that you have them in your hands. I'll be praying for your home study to get completed quickly.

Also....glad your kids got off the right bus.:) That makes life a little better.

Have a super Saturday!

alisa said...

Congrats, and AMEN!

Kelly said...

So happy that you are able to keep moving forward in the process to bring home your daughter!! I do hope that your home study can come together quickly!! Continue to lean on and trust God every step of the way!

Hannah said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! It's step closer to your baby :)

Unknown said...

How awesome, praise the Lord!!

Kelly Johnson said...

That is so awesome, Alison! Our God is so good and never too busy to answer the prayers from our heart. Can't wait till you get on the list--you're getting so close!

Debb said...

SUCH GREAT NEWS!!! So excited for you, Alison! A huge step closer to Caroline Faith! Praying that your caseworker is freed with time and motivated to get your HS written! :o) YOU ARE GETTING SO CLOSE TO BEING ON THE WAIT LIST!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

P.S......we do think we are going to a one week t-shirt/water bottle blitz in a few weeks! I will let you know! THX for the interest! :o)

The O'Neal Family said...

Hi Alison,
So nice to "meet" you too and glad you found us :) Excited to follow your journey as well, your kids are beautiful and I am so excited to see your sweet baby girl when you bring her home!