Friday, June 18, 2010

Fingerprints' Location: FBI!!

Oh yes, I am very excited to announce the news that our fingerprints arrived at the FBI in West Virginia on Wednesday, June 16th at 8:56 a.m. Thanks, FedEx!

Why is this a big deal? Well, for our home study we are required to have an FBI check...which can take a long time to be processed! So, on Monday, the kids and I went and picked up Jody at his office to go to the Police Department to be fingerprinted. We have never been fingerprinted before...so it was definitely an experience!


The kids thought it was just so much fun...they even got their own police badges! Pretty exciting stuff!


Here we are...fingerprints done! (And yes, I have an awesome husband who will kneel beside the "police department" sign, in the sweltering Mississippi heat, and let his 6 year old take pictures!) :)

Okay, here is where I need ya'll! Will ya'll pray that our fingerprints are processed quickly? This process can sometimes take up to 12 weeks!! I marked up our envelope like crazy with "*URGENT!*, *FOR AN ADOPTION!*, just like our agency suggested. I finally stopped when I ran out of room and looked up to see the FedEx lady looking at me strangely!

I asked her, "Do you think I wrote it enough?" Again, the strange look, and the reply, "I think you did it just fine." Okay, so she thinks I'm crazy, but our agency said the FBI will sometimes process fingerprints faster, if they are for an international adoption.

And will you also pray that our fingerprints will be readable, so that we do not have to redo this whole process? That has been known to happen in the past, but we are praying that ours will be fine! I know these are "little" prayer requests, but this is what I read this morning...

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with ALL KINDS of prayers and requests." Ephesians 6:18

So, I am taking God at His Word, and coming to Him with all my prayers and requests throughout this adoption process...big or small. And I believe that is just what He wants...for me to come to Him with everything, lay it at His feet, relinquish any control I think I may have, and trust HIM!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I will be praying for your fingerprints to speed it on along! :-) You're right, nothing grosses you out after parenthood-that's crazy about the African sweat! haha Take care!

natali said...

girl, i believe you! not too long ago i was eating barbecue chicken & potatoes and sure enough i screamed when i looked down and saw a potato in the shape of africa!! :DD

natali said...

oh, and YES! i'll pray with you about the finger prints to be processed very quickly :))

Leigh said...

This prayer request might seem like a little one to some people but I know just how big it is! Praying hard that the FBI will process your fingerprints and that they are readable! Every step to our children is a big deal, at least in my opinion :)

Christy said...

Haha - how cool! You are so funny! :) I will definitely pray. Did the kids have to get them done too? :) Bet that definitely was fun!

Alison said...

No, thankfully, the kids did not have to get fingerprints...just us! But they would have loved it though! :)

The Segrest Family said...

awesome! Will pray for those prints!!! and LOVE that you sweat continents! =)

Megan said...

ha! Isn't Ephesians awesome?! our vbs kids were memorizing eph. 2:4-5 this past week-so exciting!

Jennifer said...

Umm given I sent my 1-600A in February and am still not waitlisted, you might not want my luck to rub off on you. ;-) Good luck. Just don't move to Charleston because everything moves at a snail's pace.