Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Why Are We "All Smiles" Tonight?


Because...ALL OF OUR ADOPTION EDUCATION HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND APPROVED!!!!!

And what better way to celebrate than by going to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant!!! We went to eat tonight with Jody's parents, and it was so good!

I am telling you, it is such a HUGE relief to have all of the education done! YAY! That is a big check off the list! And you know how much I love to check things off the list! :) Oh, it makes me smile so big!

Our Family Education Coordinator at AGCI approved all 6 of our online course certificates today! And I received our "With Eyes Wide Open" notebook back from her yesterday...signed and approved!! Ahhhh, I am so happy! Also, we have gotten all our paperwork done for our home study...just waiting for those fingerprints to come back!  And we will have our final meeting with our social worker in our home at the beginning of August.

So, in the meantime, I am staying busy working on the paperwork for the dossier. My goal is to get everything done by the time I go back to work on August 23rd!


Check out the necklace I got in the mail today! Such a fun surprise!! We have some friends that are missionaries in Uganda, and they mailed me this necklace today! I love it!! I already had a Ugandan bracelet that I wear pretty much everyday, but this is my first necklace!

"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18

9 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

Yay!! I know you must be so relieved to get that done!! I can think of no better way to celebrate than mexican food...yuuuum!!

V said...

woohoo! Congrats on that step! That was SUCH a relief when we finished that!

Kelly said...

Thank you for posting the necklace sites. I am wanting to do all my gift giving this year (mostly Christmas) from sites or people who are helping the orphan crisis in some way. I have a friend with really fun stuff at themamasheep.etsy.com She has a daughter from Ethiopia and supports great causes, like adoptive families!! We are holding a raffle tonight at our sons' swim meet...so excited to see what God will do as we get the chance to share with over 100 families!!! Pray for ears that will hear and hearts that will be moved!

Jenny said...

congratulations!!! it's SUCH a relief to have the education DONE!!!

and i LOVE uganada bead necklaces... LOVE them!

Andrea said...

YEAH!! One step closer!!!!! Love the necklaces!

Sarah said...

Finishing your education is a HUGE step forward! Congratulations!!

Rebekah said...

That is a BIG relief- the education took the most time for us, out of all the documents. Congrats!

The Segrest Family said...

OH CONGRATS!!!! didn't realize that y'all were celebrating last night when we saw y'all!!! Sorry we both just threw up our stuff on you! Hope y'all got to enjoy your meal and eachother! Thanks for listening (you and Jody both - and his parents!)

Hannah said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! What a relief that must be...Don't you love watching the Lord open all the doors for our babies to come home! Beautiful.