Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Huge Sigh of Relief!


Our social worker arrived at our home this afternoon at 1:00 p.m. for our final meeting with her...the in-home visit!

Although, we had one little "issue"! Well, our social worker arrives at the door, and Jody says, "Carson, go let her in!" I was in mid-sentence trying to stop him, but it was too late. We broke one of the cardinal rules of parenting...we let our kids open the door to a STRANGER! And not just any stranger...our social worker, whose job it is to make sure we are good parents!!

And, of course, the first thing she says is, "You're not supposed to open the door to a stranger!" I hurriedly reassured her that we never let them do that! Oh yes, we were off to a great start! :)

But, thankfully, the rest of the visit went much better! We gave her a tour of our home, showing her all the smoke detectors, fire extinguisher, and the evacuation plan that I drew out at 11:00 p.m. last night! (Nothing like waiting until the last minute!) Then, we sat down with her in our living room and finished up some interview questions. Our kids always seem to act "wilder" when we have company over...so we had to send them up to the playroom to watch a movie! But glad that she got to see a little bit of our "real life"...there is never a dull or quiet moment around here!


Caty jumped in with us for our picture to document this HUGE MILESTONE!

So, now we are just waiting on a few things...TX child abuse check, FBI fingerprints results, and for our social worker to write our home study. She has 6 home studies ahead of ours, so we have a little while to wait...at least another month. And I am just praying those FBI results come back in the meantime! Trusting God's perfect timing...and He has been teaching me A LOT about this recently!

All of our dossier documents are COMPLETE and just sitting pretty...ready to be mailed in when our home study is done! So, my goal was to get everything done before school starts back, and I feel good about it because I have completed everything I possibly can. The rest is out of my hands, and in God's hands...and there is nowhere else I would rather it be!

11 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I'm so glad that you've been able to get so much done this summer! Pretty soon you'll be paper pregnant. What a good feeling! I just noticed your reading list. I loved Adopted for Life and Crazy Love, and I need to get my hands on Radical. I'm thankful for like-minded sisters in Christ like you!

liv said...

Congratulations!! I remember feeling so relieved when we finally finished our meetings.

Brittney Galloway said...

Ahh! Congratulations! That story made me gasp, I would have had a breakdown right at the beginning, ha!

Kristi J said...

yayyy so great to be done with that :) almost there :)

Debb said...

WOO HOO!!!! Enjoy the feeling of less "hanging over your head.....calling your attention." Relax and enjoy, as each final piece comes together in God's timing! May it all come together SOON!!!! Congrats on getting a big step completed! :o)

The Barnes said...

YAY!! Caroline Faith will be here before we know it. Congratulations! HIS timing is ALWAYS perfect!

Lara said...

I think you and I are on the same timeline! We should be on the waitlist together around the same time.

Rebekah said...

Congrats on being one step closer!

Andrea said...

Congrats you all are moving right along!

Crystal Porter said...

So excited for you and to be able to follow you on your journey. Caroline Faith is one lucky little girl to be getting you and Jody as parents! Love you guys and will be praying DAILY for your family. :)

Crystal