Friday, September 17, 2010

WAITLISTED!!!


Remember these signs that we used a little over 4 months ago to announce to everyone our big news?  Well, today I just flipped them over to announce more EXCITING NEWS!!! Today, September 17, 2010, exactly 6 months to the day of Jody and I starting to pray together about God's will for us regarding adoption, we received this wonderful news...










Praise the Lord!! We are now officially on the AGCI Girl Waitlist at the #93 spot!! We are truly OVERJOYED!! Four months of paperwork has finally paid off! I can't even express how excited that I am to write these words!

And you know I've got a story about "the waitlist call"...

Well, I woke up this morning just continuing to pray that all our dossier documents would be accepted, and that we wouldn't have to make any revisions. So, I went to teach preschool today with my cell phone pretty much glued to my side! I did not want to miss the call from our case manager! I knew that she would be reviewing our dossier today! I was so excited...and a little nervous too!

At 11:05 this morning, my cell phone rang!! I ran to my desk and saw our case worker's name on the caller ID!! It was "THE CALL"!! I was shaking as I answered the phone! She was so sweet and went on and on about how she knew how hard we had worked on our dossier, etc. And then she said it, "Congratulations!! Everything looks great and your family is now on the WAITLIST!!"

I started crying tears of joy!! It was the most precious news!! She asked if it was a good time to explain the waitlist, but I had 10 three year olds very ready for "show and tell", so I asked if I could call her back at 11:45 when I left school. She said that would be fine, and I hung up the phone and just kept crying! I know my sweet preschoolers thought I was crazy! :)

So, I texted Jody to meet us for lunch because we had something to CELEBRATE!! I called her back as soon as I left school, and that is when she gave us our official number...93!!! That is a big number, but I still LOVE it!!

Our agency is saying right now to expect about a 12-18 month wait, so we have awhile before we will see our sweet Caroline Faith's face! But we will wait as long as it takes!! Caty and I met Jody for lunch to tell him all the great news, and I cried again as I told him the story! We also talked about how we are really going to try to make the most of this time of waiting! We pray that God will teach us, grow our faith, and use us for His glory during this sweet time!

"Your throne was established long ago; You are from all eternity...the Lord on high is mighty!" Psalm 93:2,4

37 comments:

Amy said...

YAY!!!!! So happy for your family!
You are right, SOOOOO worth the wait. Looking forward to following your journey and seeing what God shows you along the way.
Blessings,
Amy

Janet said...

Way to ROCK the dossier, and welcome to the waitlist!!! We're #88 on the girl list... super close to you all! Seriously SUCH an exciting phone call!

Erin said...

YAY! I can't wait to meet my precious niece! She is going to be so beautiful!!

Maggie Ethridge said...

Yipee for 93!! So exciting! Thanks so much for your comment on our blog- great news about our social worker!!

Leigh said...

Praise God!!! That is so exciting!!!!

Lara said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to join you!

meredith and justin said...

Yay! Yay! YaY! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to be on the list with you and to watch it get smaller as we get closer to our girls.

The Mulder Family said...

Congratulations & Blessings...hope you wait is short but still all in God's timing!!

Jenny said...

yay!!!! so glad you made it to the list!!!! and double great day for you since there were girl referrals today!!!

Kelly Jo said...

I have been anxiously awaiting this news all day. I just let out a loud "YES" when I read it!! Celebrating with you and all praises to God that we are both on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so so SO happy for you guys!! Praying for you in the wait... :)

The Mathews Family said...

Congrats!

Kelli said...

AMAZING...

Honest, this brought tears. SO happy for you.

kelli

natali said...

hallelujah!

Christy said...

WOW! You are very close to Kelly Jo, then! Maybe you guys will get to travel together! :) HOW EXCITING! Congrats! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! :)

liv said...

Praise the Lord!! Congratulations!!!

JonesEthiopia said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Go and Tell said...

SOOOOO happy for ya'll!!!
Meg

Makenzie said...

Congrats! So happy for you! Can't wait till that number starts getting smaller and smaller!!!

Carrie said...

So excited for you and your family! Can't wait to join you!

Sarah said...

Oh Alison! I am doing a happy dance right now!!! WONDERFUL! And check the listserv- you will find that there is some good news!!

Amber said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful and exciting time for your family. Blessings as you wait to see that precious face!

Heather said...

YAY!!! So happy for you and Caroline Faith!!!! Congratulations!!! #93 ROCKS!!! So honored to be following our journey! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Now the truly earnest praying begins.

Mama Mimi said...

YAAAAAYYYY!!!!! Congrats Alison!!! Isn't that the BEST news EVER??? I can't even IMAGINE how great it will feel to get THE call....now we're officially waiting TOGETHER! =)

Kristi J said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...so happy for you all...the time will fly by :) kj

Nicole said...

CONGRATS!! It will be so worth the wait when you get to meet that sweet pea.

The Segrest Family said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! yay for #93!!!!! will they let you know when you 'move up'? that is so awesome Alison!!! I know you and Jody and the kids are so thrilled to get to this point!!! prayers for patience in waiting! love y'all

Jitterbug said...

Woohoo!! Excited about your news :)

Megan said...

sweetness!Thank Jesus

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!! We're just getting started. Waiting to schedule our homestudy! So excited! :)

Joshua and Hilary said...

Wahoo!!! You made it! I'm so happy for ya'll! Seriously, well done friend!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on being waitlisted! That feeling is so wonderful! I can't wait to see your referral post... It's not that far off now!
Blessings.
j
www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
Beneath the Acacia Tree

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie Strobel said...

Love your post and couldn't be more excited to see another family on the AGCI waitlist. We just arrived home with our daughter and she is such a dream come true. It is a wonderful feeling to know your paperwork is in and not you wait for God's plan to be revealed!
So exciting!
Blessings,

Unknown said...

Adorable pictures! Congrats on being officially paper pregnant!
Kelly
from www.wearegraftedin.com

Unknown said...

Congrats and Praise the Lord! I am so excited for your family and for Caroline Faith to meet you all!!