Saturday, December 4, 2010

On It's Way to ETHIOPIA!

Imagine my surprise to get THIS in the mail today...


a letter from the National Visa Center basically saying they got our approved I-600A and that they are forwarding our petition to the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, ETHIOPIA!!

I didn't know we would be getting a letter like this, and it thrills me to no end! Love knowing our petition has a case number, and that it's on the way to Ethiopia! Talk about making it seem "real" and "official"!

Caroline Faith has been on my heart so heavy today, and I have prayed for her so much. It's so hard not knowing if she is born yet or still in her birthmother's tummy. But God knows, and I trust Him.

So anyway, it just did my heart good to get this letter today. Just made me feel closer to bringing her home. I know we still have a long way to go, but it's sometimes the little things on this journey that just get you excited!

10 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

YAY YAY YAY! That is so encouraging! Glad you got a piece of good news about Caroline Faith!

Meredith said...

How exciting!!! And what a wonderful surprise when you weren't expecting it!!!

Each of these things, each little step brings you invariably closer to holding Caroline Faith.

Lara said...

How exciting!! Hoping ours comes quickly!

Sarah said...

I love letters like that!

And I agree, it is hard not knowing what stage of life they are at.

It is a good thing that our Heavenly Father knows! What a God we have!

It has been too long since we have visited! We should try to get together sometime!

Kelly said...

I also enjoy the official papers! The best of all comes after the adoption is final--I felt like it brought a huge relief and a feeling of freedom to just be our family and not have to think about paperwork, timelines, etc..

Hannah said...

So exciting!!! What a gift to receive :)

Debb said...

YAY! Every step is so important, because it brings you one step closer to Caroline Faith! :) Celebrating with you! Don't you just love how God sends a love note on just the days we need it!?!?

Go and Tell said...

Great news! And to answer your question, the hold up was not really with AGC it was with our home study agency. BUT, it is all done now and we mailed our dossier in today! Hooray! :) And as always, thanks for your encouraging words!
Meg

Unknown said...

You know I am a follower of your blog! It is part of my daily routine, to check out Lovin Much!!!! About the Elf on the Shelf... ours has been sitting on the same shelf in our living room and has not moved yet! I think my kids AND ME have forgotten about him! (: I never remember to move him! A reminder call every night sounds like a great idea to me!!! Lets chat soon! Starting on paperwork this week! Have been selling necklaces, need to sell about 20 more to reach our goal!!!

Carrie said...

I've gotten a lot better about making sure our elf, Cappie, finds a new home everyday. Livie gets so disappointed if he's in the same spot! It's hard to remember though. I've even woken up in the middle of the night almost in a panic about the darn thing, those sweet faces sure are worth it though!