Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's All About HIS Timing!

Let's just say, waiting on the FBI fingerprint results the first time was HARD for me!  That was the last thing we were waiting on to get our home study complete, so we could get on the waitlist for our baby girl!!!

God used those 8 WEEKS and 2 DAYS to teach me lots about patience and trusting in His timing!  This is just one paragraph that I wrote about what God was teaching me about His timing...

"Our loving, faithful God who called us on this journey to our baby girl, is aligning EVERY. SINGLE. DETAIL. to bring us to the child that He has chosen for our family. It became so clear to me, that He has each family on different timelines to place them perfectly with their child. None of them are going to look the same because each journey is unique. I can't keep comparing our journey to others. Our journey is special because it is simply that...it's OURS! And at the end of it is the baby girl that God has chosen for our family, and His timeline places her directly in our arms on the day that He has already picked out!"

I finally got to a point that I was at peace with the "delay" because I realized that it wasn't really a delay at all.  It was all part of God's plan to align us with our daughter.  I truly believe that!

Now fast forward to the present, where we are doing our FBI fingerprints all over again for our homestudy update.  This time around, the timing really doesn't matter as much.  We are already on the waitlist.  Basically we just need to get the results in before our home study expires (which isn't until the end of March).

So, on January 10, 2012, I mailed our fingerprints to the FBI.  This time around, I was much more laid back about it, but still hopeful it wouldn't take quite as long.  

Look who sent us a letter that arrived in our mailbox this past Monday...
Yep, it looks like a letter from the FBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

I seriously thought it must be a letter telling us we were going to have to re-do our fingerprints our something.  Could it possibly be that the results had come in LESS THAN 2 WEEKS!?!

I laughed out loud when I opened the letter to find this!  Both of our results were DONE!  Of course, it would only take a few days this time around!

I just LOVE God's timing!  It was just another confirmation of His plan.  If He had wanted our first results to come back that quick, He could've done it!  But He didn't!  He used that long waiting time to teach us and grow our faith...

and to use HIS timing to bring us perfectly to our Caroline Faith!!!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."  I Peter 5:6

12 comments:

Megan said...

Love It! He can do anything ;)

BumbersBumblings said...

Yipppeee!! congrats!!

Have a blast at the retreat! I can't wait for the one in March!!

Marcie said...

Love this post! Waiting for God's timing can be extremely difficult at times.
That retreat sound like so much fun! Let me know about any others... I would love to meet up with some adoptive Mama's!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

Aw, I'm going to miss you?! I am headed to the one in March. Oh well, maybe one day!

Meaghan said...

Y'all have fun this weekend! Wish we were going to the same one, but I'm going in March. Have a blast!

Shannon said...

What an awesome testimony. I'm sure it makes the fun that you will have this weekend that much SWEETER! :-) Congrats! God is so good ALL the time :-)

Sharen said...

This is such a lovely post. I've been a quiet lurker here for probably a year now, so thought I might comment today. I have found myself encouraged many times when reading your blog and by your faithfulness in the waiting. My husband and I are Australian and it is around a four year wait just to begin the adoption process. I know that if we go down the road of adoption (which we undoubtably feel called to do)here in Australia we are in for a lot of waiting (could be up to a 7 year wait!) I know that I will find myself back here going over your old posts to find encouragement when the time comes. Thank you for sharing your journey so openly. God bless

Natalie at Our Old Southern House said...

I'll see you Saturday, Alison! Can't wait to meet another adoptive mama...and a DG too! +>

Warren Baldwin said...

Congratulations on the progress.

Brittney Galloway said...

Yay! I teared up at this post, because God's sovereign hand on he events in an adoption is so amazing to me!

Hannah said...

He is ALWAYS on time :)

Anonymous said...

Love this post Alison! So encouraging to me, and so true. The Lord is perfectly matching us up with our children and every single detail is in His divine sovereign plan. I will try to keep that in mind as we race to DTE ;o) lol