Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New February 2012 Number!!!

We got an email from our sweet AGCI case worker, K, this morning with our February 2012 waitlist number...

#15!!! 

Yep, for the month of February we are "officially" on the AGCI girl waitlist at #15!!!

And we really think that we are already "unofficially" at least #14 because of some referrals that have gone out that were not accounted for in our official number!  YAY!!!  So according to our countdown wall upstairs, we are already #14!

This is the first time in our wait that our "official wait list number" has been lower than the number of months we have been "officially waiting on the wait list".  We are #15 and we have been on the waitlist for over 17 months.  I don't really think that means anything, but just thought I'd let ya'll know! :)

It looks like we are maintaining our average "2 spots per month" movement.  And trust me, I am not complaining one bit!  We have already had two different months of zero movement, so I am always happy for ANY movement that brings us closer to our baby girl!  Every spot we move is because a precious child has been referred to their forever family, and that is always a reason to rejoice!

Of course, I would LOVE to see even more referrals go out per month, and I am praying that will happen!  In my time in the Word this morning, I read Psalm 37:7 which says,

"Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him."

That has probably been my biggest struggle in our adoption journey...to truly REST in Him, and to wait PATIENTLY for Him. I am trying though.  As a precious friend emailed me yesterday, "He knows where she is today and how to make this whole thing work out to bring you together.

Oh, her encouraging words are so very true.  We are trusting His perfect plan to bring us to Caroline Faith.  She is in His hands, and knowing that helps my heart to rest.

"Lord, who may dwell in Your sacred tent? Who may live on Your holy mountain? The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart."  Psalm 15:1-2

12 comments:

jillcarpenter said...

yeah for yall!

Jennifer said...

Yeah for movement! Definitely always a good thing! Praying for your sweet heart as God prepares you and your family for your precious girl.

erica said...

Getting closer............. Yay!!!!! :0)

TorahGirl said...

Praying for change for you and for all those tiny little people so far away that deserve a forever family! I told God yesterday... He does have the ability to bring these small people home fast... He has in the past. It is my prayer that He intervenes and does it again... soon!!!!!!

Unknown said...

YAY!! 15!!! OOOOOOH Alison!!!! I am PRAYING, CHEERING, ROOOOOOOOOTING ya on to #1!!!! I CANNOT wait for you to see your little girls face!!!! She is gonna have the BEST family ever!

woosterweester said...

On the downhill slope and picking up momentum now! Can't wait to see you in single digits.

Robin said...

It is cool that your waitlist number is now lower than the months you have been waiting:) Yay!

Hannah said...

Woo-Hoo!!! Yay!! I'm so happy to see that number drop!

leemeandthegirls said...

AHHHHHHHH! So excited for you! Fifteen is so very close to TEN which is so close to single digits which is so close to Caroline being with her FOREVER FAMILY! :)

Sarah Broadus said...

15!!!!! That is sooooo CLOSE!!! Oh miss priss is going to be home by Thanksgiving and Christmas for sure!!!

Allison said...

Every spot is another spot closer, keeping your whole family including Caroline Faith in my prayers.

Go and Tell said...

WOW! 15 (or 14) sounds so low!! :)woohoo! Praying for BIG movement in March right along with you, friend!