Saturday, May 12, 2012

Progress On Our "Project"!

Well, we have finally made some progress on our little "project"!  I have not done anything like this since I was pregnant with Callie Grace!  Any guesses on what we have been up to?

Painting baby furniture...and specifically, the CRIB!!!

Last week, I borrowed my sister-in-law's sander and got to work sanding the baby crib! (She had to show me how...I have never sanded a piece of furniture before!)  :)

This crib is the one we bought (on clearance!) when we were expecting Callie Grace, and we have used it for all of our children.  I kept it when we moved, which was one of the only "baby things" that I saved.  I thought maybe one of our family or friends might need to use it one day!  This was before God had called us to adopt our baby girl, and we thought we were done having children!

I am SO THANKFUL that God prompted my heart to save this crib, so now ALL of our children can sleep in it!  But since it had lots of cute bite marks in it from our sweet babies, I thought it might be nice to re-paint it! :)
And what better color to paint it than PINK!?! :)

Today we were blessed with a rainy and not-so-hot afternoon (plus all the baseball games were cancelled), so we decided that today would be paint day!

Jody and I had three very cute little helpers!  It was a family project, for sure!  We worked on it for a few hours...

And now it is in our garage drying!!!  It's a very sweet, pale pink color and I LOVE it!!!

Now the next step is for my sweet sister-in-law to "distress" it for us!  I have NO IDEA how to do that, so she is going be in charge of that next step!

I can't wait to see the final outcome!  I think it's going to be really SWEET!!! 

2 comments:

Meredith said...

This just warms my heart! And I love the pale pink!

Beth said...

Precious! Can't wait to see Caroline Faith IN it, in pictures!!! Praying for your family!