Thursday, October 11, 2012

He Gives Me "Something"!

It's really amazing.

I was telling Jody the other night that over the past few weeks I have noticed that God gives me "something" every single day!

I wish that I had been writing them down with the dates.  It has been so encouraging to see how God is using friends and family and others to lift us up during the wait.  Ya'll, I have to admit...I am weary in the wait.  I am weary emotionally, physically, and spiritually.  Next month marks 3 YEARS since God put our daughter in Ethiopia on our hearts, and I have been praying hard every since.  

Well, 3 years can take their toll on any adoptive mama, and I am sure there are some reading this who can totally relate.  The amazing thing about God is that right when I can't go one more day, His faithfulness carries me.  I literally feel like I am being carried right now.  And I know that it's a direct result of His faithfulness and the prayers of friends, family, and people I don't even know who are lifting us up to the Father.

And like I said earlier...God, in His generous goodness, gives me "something" every day!

Whether it's a text from a friend that they are praying for us and our daughter...

Whether it's a message from a friend on FB (happened just today!) that God put us on their heart today, and they are praying for us...

 Whether it's a good friend (and fellow adoptive mama) giving us this adorable PINK wreath to put on our front door when Caroline Faith gets home...

Whether it's a friend coming over to hug me at church and ask how I am doing in the wait...

Whether it's an email or phone call from a friend encouraging us...

Whether it's the perfect devotion or Scripture or song on the radio that He places at just the right time...

Whether it's a friend calling me to meet for coffee because she found something (like this adorable monogrammed dress!!!) for us at a sale that she just couldn't pass up...

Whether is the precious prayers of our children when they pray for their baby sister...

Whether it's being at a shoe store (with all 3 kids running wild!!!) and running into another adoptive mama that I've never met, but who reads our blog and is praying for our family and our daughter in Ethiopia...

Whatever it is, God is using it to lift me up and remind me of His faithfulness.

Today I am rejoicing in all the little "somethings" that God has been giving us lately!  He is using them in BIG WAYS to encourage me in the wait!

"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God."  Psalm 42:5

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Sweet friend, I thank God for holding you close during this long wait. I pray for you so often and ask God to glorify His name through this entire adoption journey. Great is His faithfulness!

Katie said...

Teary-eyed reading this...knowing how you are longing to hold your baby. Think of you so often sweet friend and knowing that so much will be revealed as to what the Lord has been doing while you wait! Praying for the day that these labor pains are a faint memory!

Jon, Lindsay, and the pups!!! said...

I LOVE your wreath! Super cute! Before you know it it will be hanging on your door and Caroline Faith will be home! :) Keeping your family and your sweet daughter in our thoughts!
Lindsay