Thursday, September 4, 2014

1 Year "Gotcha Day" Anniversary!

One year ago today on September 4, 2013, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,  we walked up the winding staircase of the baby house at Hannah's Hope and scooped our daughter back up in our arms!    Gotcha, Caroline Faith Letehiwot!!!

Only by God's grace and strength had we made it through those long 6 weeks in between our trips to Ethiopia.  Finally our daughter was in our arms, and this time for good!!!

My heart was so peaceful and content with my daughter snuggled up next to me, and I finally felt like I could breathe again.  My heart was settled and at rest.  The long adoption journey was coming to an end...or rather it was all just beginning! :)

God writes the BEST stories!!!  We will celebrate her 1 year Gotcha Day Anniversary tonight with a family dinner and a gift that we bought her from our first trip to Ethiopia.  My heart is still so peaceful and content.  One year with her in our arms and there are days still when tears fill my eyes as I kiss her and hold her.  God's goodness and faithfulness continue to overwhelm me.  Just so thankful for this past year.

Happy 1 Year Gotcha Day, Konjo!!!  We love you, baby girl!!!

"They shall eagerly utter the memory of Your abundant goodness And will shout joyfully of Your righteousness!"
Psalm 145:7

No comments: