Monday, February 18, 2013

29 Months and BELIEVING!!!

Yesterday, February 17, 2013 marked exactly 29 MONTHS on the AGCI waitlist for our baby girl in Ethiopia!

Wow, it's hard to believe that we have completed 29 months of waiting for our daughter, and today marks the first day of our 30th month of being on the waitlist.  I really never ever ever wanted to enter the "thirties decade" of months waiting for our daughter, but today that has happened.

It is always challenging to choose JOY in the middle of a long wait, but as believers, that is what Christ calls us to do.  He has asked us to wait on our daughter much longer than we ever anticipated, but we are choosing to trust Him.  I tell friends all the time, that if I thought this wait was "pointless", then we probably would have given in to discouragement and despair.  But because we believe that God has "purpose" in the waiting, then we continue to press forward each and every day.

We are crying out to God for our daughter's life and pleading with Him to let us see her face soon.  It is the constant prayer of my heart.  We pray that He will pour out His favor and mercy on our family and complete this journey soon.  I pray that I never write a "30 Months waiting" post.  

Please, Jesus, may this be our last month waiting to see our daughter's face.

To our precious little princess,

Our desire to see your sweet little face, hear your story and know you are overwhelming at times.  We are clinging to God's promise that He works all things together for our good.  We trust that, even right this very minute, He is at work to bring you to our family. 

We know that He will complete this journey to bring you home, and we pray that the end is near.  And the cool thing is that the end of the journey of waiting marks the beginning of life with you in our family!  And that is what we can't wait for!  We can't wait to begin the newest chapter of our family with you in it!

My heart is so heavily burdened for you, baby girl.  I don't know where you are, what you are doing, or how you are feeling, but I do know Who holds you.  And that, my sweet girl, is enough to calm my heart.  When fear or worry try to come in, I have to choose to cling to My Father who holds us both in His loving arms.  His peace is getting me through each day of waiting for you.

Hold on, baby girl.  We love you and we're coming soon.


The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.
Psalm 29:11

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Standing with you in your hurt and in your hope. I don't know you but I'm familiar with your heart. Sending you just a note of understanding and acknowledging your faith in The Lord and your yearning to see you daughter's face. It soooo has a purpose, praise God that we can know that much.