Monday, June 28, 2010

DONE!!!...and in the Mail!


Oh Happy, Happy Day! We were so excited and taking pictures in the post office this morning because...IT'S IN THE MAIL!! On it's way to Oregon and the sweet folks at All God's Children International! What is "it" you ask?


This precious little thing right here...the "With Eyes Wide Open" notebook!!! We finished it last night! Super YAY!! Notice the huge smile on my face?! I am telling you, this little notebook was a labor of love! It was extremely helpful and informative, and we learned SO MUCH from it! But there were ALOT of blanks to fill in and questions to answer...I'm just saying! :)

It took us way more than the 10 hours that it's supposed to take...more like 15 hours for us! I guess I took all those blanks to fill in pretty seriously! :)

We were celebrating this morning in the post office! And you should have seen all the crazy looks we were getting...but this excited mama doesn't care one bit! Just one more step closer to our baby girl! And that is worth celebrating!


You know that I got delivery confirmation on this package...I cannot even imagine the thought of it getting lost in the mail!!!

This was a huge accomplishment for us because we have to be through with all our education before our agency will approve our home study. We also have to complete 6 online adoption education courses, and we have already completed 5 of them! Just 1 more to go!!! Our case manager had told us to concentrate on our education and home study first, and then to move on to our dossier documents...so that is exactly what we have been doing!

Carson asked me this morning, on our way to run errands, "Mommy, is tomorrow the day we get our baby?" It was so sweet! I have tried to explain to them that it will probably be about a year before we get to bring Caroline Faith home. Ahhhh...I am just praying that it goes by fast, but that we learn what God wants to teach us through this paperwork and waiting process. I am sure that He is trying to teach me about having patience...I admit, it's always been a struggle for me!

So, I am going to try to patiently wait for the day that I can answer his question with a big, "Yes! Tomorrow is the day we go to get our baby!"

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and PATIENCE." Colossians 3:12

6 comments:

Heather said...

So exciting! I love how your capturing this little moments with pictures...it will be so nice to look back on these in the future! You are so beautiful!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! That is such a big accomplishment. It took me way longer than 10 hours to finish that workbook too. What a relief!! So excited for you.
www.proverbs24twelve.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am sure it feels wonderful to be finished with that and exciting!!

Lauren said...

oh yes- - I totally understand your excitement!! That notebook is DEFINITELY a labor of love - it took us forever to finish it... much more than 10 hours! haha But, like you said, SO worth it!!! Congratulations!! :)

Emily Ferris said...

Alison - I was so excited to find y'alls blog! what wonderful news that y'all are adopting a precious little girl! I'll be praying for your sweet fam!
love,
Emily

meredith and justin said...

Congrats on finishing this portion! I know what you mean about being patient. We are just at the very beginning at this process and already soo ready to meet our little one. My 4 year old told me this morning that he heard a song that made him think about our baby and that he wishes the baby could come home today. It brought tears to my eyes. I told him that their are other families who are waiting for their children too and that God is going to help all of us as we wait. Somehow it is a comfort to know we are not alone in this journey.