Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Party for Caroline Faith!

So, my sweet friend, Sandi, called me and said that she wanted to do something special to help out with our journey to Caroline Faith. She tells me she wants to have a birthday party for her two boys, but she does not want people to bring gifts! Instead, she wants to tell people our story and have them bring donations for our adoption expenses, if they feel led to do so!


Here I am with my sweet friend and party hostess, Sandi! She really turned her boys birthday party into a celebration for Caroline Faith too! So precious!


She had a birthday cake for her boys, but she also had made a yummy strawberry cake for Caroline Faith...complete with Africa on the front of it! And she gave Caroline the cute little butterfly toy!


Mimi and I at the party!


Here are both of our families standing in front of the gift table which had a huge Ethiopian flag hanging from it! Wish we hadn't stood right in front of it because it was so neat!! :)


Sandi also gave us this sweet t-shirt for Carson! He loves it!

It was a wonderful party, and everyone was so generous! We had people that we had never even met that donated to our adoption fund! I am still overwhelmed by it all! God has just been so faithful to provide for us on this journey! We are so thankful for sweet friends that are so willing to do whatever they can to help...it is a huge blessing!

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

7 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

Isn't it amazing how God calls so many people to be a part of adoption, through giving, praying, and actually going to get your child! I'm so glad God's providing for your adoption of little Caroline Faith!

Amy said...

What a great idea and an incredible thing she is teaching her boys! Wonderful!!

Brittney Galloway said...

That is just so sweet! I had a great time hanging out with ya'll yesterday! Your story is such a blessing to me!

Hannah said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. What a true friend and a true act of Christ like love.

Beautiful. :)

Leigh said...

so so awesome! what a blessing those friends are!!

Andrea Young said...

SOOOOOO SWEET! Oh...I'm going to have SO much fun and I know I'll be so blessed to watch this journey to Caroline Faith unfold!!!!