Thursday, November 17, 2011

14 Months and Hoping!


Today, November 17, 2011, marks our 14 MONTH waitlist anniversary for Caroline Faith!!!

WOW! It's hard to believe another month has already flown by! I am not going to sugar coat it, these last few weeks have been the hardest for me yet! I am not sure exactly why that is, but I have pretty much been an emotional wreck for the past few weeks. I have cried more tears for our daughter than I ever thought were possible.

Also, I have realized more and more the spiritual battle we are in. I truly feel we are fighting for our daughter's life. All of this has brought me to my knees, crying out to God for her. And I think this is exactly where I should be.

But God, in His faithfulness and goodness, has provided for this day to be so renewing and JOY-filled! Caty and I went to eat Thanksgiving lunch with the big kids at their school today, which is always FUN! I am so thankful for their sweet school, teachers and friends!

Then, I had not been home for more than 10 minutes, when I got a phone call from our AGCI case worker, K. I had been waiting on this call since October, but God knew that I needed it today! It is always makes me feel better to talk to her! I am so thankful for our amazing adoption agency and a PRECIOUS case worker who God is using so much on our journey to our baby girl!

Next, I turned on my computer for the first time today to find out I had won my friend Meg's giveaway for the Moss Cross! I was SO EXCITED!!! I LOVE her crosses that she makes, and I had been really wanting one! She later told me that she prayed for just the right person to win! Again, I feel like God knew I needed that today! Seeing this cross hanging in our home will always be a reminder of His faithfulness on our adoption journey.

So, God has given me such sweet confirmations and joy-filled moments today already. He is always so faithful. Every time that I start to fall for the enemy's doubts and lies, God once again reminds me that HE is in control and HE has a perfect plan for our family!

So today, I am choosing to CELEBRATE our 14 Month wait list anniversary with much HOPE for what (and who!) God has in store for us in the months ahead!

Caroline Faith,
You are oh-so loved and longed for, baby girl! We will wait as long as it takes to bring you home to our family. We are praying you home with hope and faith in God's plan and purpose. Two years ago, God told me of HIS plan for you to join our family. I know that He will be faithful to complete the journey that He has called us to...the journey that leads to YOU!

Hold on, baby girl. We love you and we're coming soon.


"We wait in HOPE for the Lord; He is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so needed that today! Thank you for sharing!

Robin said...

I have been quietly following along in your journey. We brought our daughter home form Taiwan in Sept '09. The wait to be matched with your precious baby is SO hard. I also found the end of the wait to be the most difficult as well. "Hoping" this is the month you see your daughter's face.

The Annessa Family said...

Keep up that beautiful heart of yours! Your little girl will be taking up your heart AND home soon!

Brooke
www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

I believe it will be soon :) This part is SO hard. I'll keep you and CF in my prayers.

Janet said...

If we lived closer, we could meet for coffee and cry together! This wait has really been somthin'! The spiritual attacks seem to keep coming, and month by month we plug along. Jen Hatmaker recently described it as "Waiting Purgatory." I thought that had a rather snarky, yet fitting ring to it. Sitting here with you, friend! : )

Leigh said...

I'm so glad you wrote this down Alison, when I look back at our journey to A some of the times when I felt most broken for our child were the times when he needed the most prayer and needed me constantly praying for him.

I know it's so so so hard to wait and I think the quickly approaching holidays only make it worse! Praying for your sweet family and can't wait to see you in January!!!!

meredith and justin said...

Sorry it has been a tough few weeks. I'm glad you were encouraged. Praying for you!