Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's Official...

As of today, January 3, 2012, we have "officially" started the home study update process!!!

I emailed back and forth today with our social worker about what we need to do to get this party started!!!

This picture was actually taken about a year and a half ago, on June 9, 2010, when we "officially" started our initial home study.  I was so excited to get started on the paperwork chase to our baby girl!

Never once that day did it cross my mind that we would ever be having to update our home study.  But here we are today...doing just that. 

I often remind myself through this process when I say things like, "I never thought we'd be on the waitlist this long", or "I never thought we'd have to update our home study"...that even though I didn't know, GOD knew

He has always known.  None of this is a surprise to Him.  In fact, this whole timeline is His exact perfect plan that He is using to bring us to our daughter.

And that gives me comfort.  Even though it seems crazy that we are about to have re-do medical forms, background checks, and such, this is all necessary to complete our adoption journey. 

She is worth it.  But most of all, this is the road that God has called us to walk.  It's a much longer road than we ever thought it would be.  It's a much harder road than we ever thought.  It's a much more emotional road, but it's the road that HE has chosen for us. 

And I wouldn't trade that for anything.  

He knows the road ahead of us, and He will go before us.  I trust Him completely.

Home study update paperwork, get ready!  Here we come!!!

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”  Isaiah 30:21


6 comments:

Janet said...

Oh, I'm soooo with you! We're in the same boat, and in the midst of a referral will be updating our homestudy too. Love it! (ha,ha)

Jared and Erica Wingler said...

We talked a little about this at church Sunday. You can't surprise God & you can't disappoint him because he knew everything we were gonna do and when we were gonna do it far before we had even thought about it. What shocks us is old news to him ;)

Megan said...

We have been listening to the Chronicles of Narnia audio book with our kids in the car recently. At one point, the children are talking to Aslan, trying to find out why something happened to another character. The great lion gently reminds them: "Aslan will only tell you your own story." This has been such a comfort to me in the adoption process as I am tempted to pace around, wondering why someone else had a different experience----but Aslan is telling me MY story and only my story! Love you, friend.

Home Project Manager said...

Alison,
I just mailed off some documents for our home study update yesterday. Ours expires after 1 year. I didn't think we'd be doing this either, but God did. When I get discouraged I remember how the people of Israel were in the desert and would make little towers or markers to remember the story of what God did in that place. I try to do this in my own life. So when I get discouraged I pull out of my "pocket" the memory of when God had perfect timing and the impossible became possible.

We are going to look back at this journey of waiting and see how God knew best and His timing was, and always will be, perfect.

xoxo
Hang in there.

cal+claire said...

Isn't it wonderful that we can take solace and receive peace from claiming the truth that God knows all and is control of all things. We are going through tons of changes too that I would never have expected, but God is in control.

Matilda Joyce said...

Can you please explain to us what happens in a home study? I've heard about them for years but don't really know what is looked for, etc.

Thanks!