Tuesday, April 17, 2012

19 Months and PRAYING!

Wow, it seems like the past month has absolutely flown by!  Spring is a really busy time of year for us...fun and full, but busy!  But I really do like it that way!  And then it makes slowing down in the summer (my favorite time of year) all the more sweet! :)

Today, April, 17, 2012 marks exactly 19 MONTHS of officially being on the AGCI waitlist for Caroline Faith!

A year ago today, we were celebrating 7 months on the waitlist and we were sitting at #44.  Today we are celebrating 19 months on the waitlist and sitting at #12.  I am very happy that we are LOTS closer to our baby girl!

God has been giving me the word "steadfast" today.  I read about being steadfast this morning in Jesus Calling, and then in my Bible reading God showed me this verse...

"He will not fear evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD."

I have to admit, being "steadfast" in this journey has been hard for me.  I looked up the definition of the word steadfast, and this is what it said...

Fixed or unchanging; steady.  Firmly loyal or constant; unswerving.

Hmmm, I wish I could say that those words also describe my heart in the last 19 months of waiting, but I can't.  Some days I am better about totally giving our daughter to the Lord and surrendering "my timeline", and other days I am just grouchy and sad because the wait seems to be moving so slow.

But I hear the Lord whispering the word "steadfast" to me today, and so I am going to be praying that HE will give me a steadfast heart that trusts in Him.  And I am still praying those BIG and BOLD prayers that I told ya'll about, and we are ASKING Him for something really big concerning the timing of seeing our baby girl's sweet face!

Yesterday as Caty and I were on our way to preschool, we saw an amazing sign of God's promise...

the MOST BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW that I had ever seen before!  

This picture is terrible quality!  I was at a stoplight and just held my phone out really quick to snap a picture.  Ya'll will probably have to tilt your computer screen to even see it at all!  The colors were so bright and vibrant and it spread across the sky perfectly! I had to take a picture to remember that sweet moment of remembering God's promise!

To our sweet Baby #4,

We are praying BIG things for you, Caroline Faith.  We are asking God to see your sweet little face very soon!  I have never prayed so fervently and intimately as I have over the past 19 months.  I am so thankful that God is using you and our adoption journey to you to draw me closer to Him.  It's a beautiful thing.

I am praying that God will give me a steadfast heart while I am waiting for you.  I am so thankful that HE is constant even when I am not.  I know He is using this adoption journey to increase our trust and faith in Him.

I can't wait to see what BIG plans that God has for your life.  I pray that you always know that you are worth the wait.  And I pray that God is glorified in our wait for You.  You are a special part of His plan!  

Hold on, baby girl.  We love you and we're coming soon.

"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."  Psalm 19:14

8 comments:

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Alison! I love this and am praying with you girl!! You're so close to precious Caroline Faith!!!!!

Joy for the Seasons said...

Love your letter to your sweet daughter!

Laura said...

Beautiful letter to your baby girl! You should be getting a new number soon, right?!!

Meredith said...

This was such an encouragement for me, Alison. Being a year behind you on the waitlist, I admire your strength and reliance on God so much. Praying for God's hand to move in Ethiopia and we don't see a 20 months and hoping post!

And I love the letters to Caroline Faith.

Hannah said...

I'm getting SO excited ...I just can't wait to see you hold her in your arms :)

The Annessa Family said...

So excited to see God's best for your family unfold!

Brooke
www.MarvelousLoveBlog.com

Lauren said...

praying with you!!! You are such an encouragement!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Jenni said...

I can't even imagine the wait you have had. We adopted waiting children so this is not something I have experienced. Praying for God's comfort as you wait.

Jenni
we-heart-africa.blogspot.com