Saturday, January 5, 2013

Best Birthday Present Ever!!!

Today, January 5, 2013, I turn the big 3-5!!!  Wow, so crazy that I am officially in my mid-thirties, and there is no turning back!  Haha! :)  

But truthfully, I am just feeling really thankful and blessed today.  I went on a walk this morning (in the rain!), and just kept thanking Jesus for another birthday and for all the blessings He has given us.  And I have to admit, I am pretty excited that I will (hopefully...Lord willing!) be having a baby at 35!  I have been praying for her since I was 31, so it's time!!! :)

When Jody asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him the truth.  I wanted him to set up the baby crib!  We were going to wait until we got Caroline Faith's referral, but my mama's heart has just been stirring to start preparing for her arrival!

Well, we had a few concerns about getting it together because somehow when we moved to our new house 3 years ago, we misplaced all the bolts and screws to the crib.  Not good! :(

This is the same crib that all of our sweet babies slept in, and my sis-in-law, Erin, and I put lots of hours into sanding, painting and distressing the crib this past summer.  This crib is a labor of LOVE and has lots of sentimental value, and I really wanted to get it put together again for Caroline.

We ended up finding some screws and bolts at a local hardware store that we hoped might work!  So this morning, Jody and our good friend, Mack, (after a jammed thumb and some bloody knuckles) got the crib put together!!!!  It took a little creativity on their part and some serious drilling to make it work, but...

THEY DID IT!!!

Yes, I totally squealed when I saw it!  I still can't believe that the baby crib is set up again!

BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVER!!!  MADE MY DAY!!!  HUGE SMILES FROM MAMA!!! :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday, Alison! Today is also my sister's birthday, so it's a special day since 2 awesome ladies were born today! That's definitely the best birthday present ever! Congratulations on unofficially being #4. Hope you've had a great day!

Sarah Broadus said...

may the nesting set in!!! Fiercely praying for her face to show itself before Easter!!

Brittney Galloway said...

Yay! And Happy Birthday! Am praying for big movement on the list and for you to see her sweet face this Spring!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Allison! Remind me to come back to this in 2 weeks when I turn 35, so that I will choose to be thankful for another birthday with my family, rather than another birthday without our littlest. You are a shining light of hope! Cannot wait to see Caroline Faith in your arms THIS YEAR!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Alison! Beautiful crib, can't wait to see Caroline in it!

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday!! LOVE the crib. I can't wait to see it full in a few months :)

Mrs. J said...

happy birthday!!! Love that crib!!! I completely understand. our crib has been set up for months. sometimes its hard that it is empty, but most of the time, it is practically a holy place of long, instense prayers. I like having an area completely dedicated to him in our house, becaues that's how it feels in our hearts.
thanks for sharing dear one.

Angela Hunt said...

What a pretty pink crib!! Can't wait to see a picture with your sweet girl in it!

Unknown said...

That is absolutely the greatest gift ever! But I know it will be more satisfying once your sweet Caroline get home and fills this nice pink crib. Hope you had a fun time on your birthday!

Tucker Inman