Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Earrings!

I have lots and lots of family happenings and pictures to catch up on!  Let the "blog catch-up" begin!

Callie Grace hit a big milestone this past Monday, April 22, 2013!  We had just wrapped up a great All Star cheer competition season this past weekend in Orange Beach (pics to come soon!), and we had promised her something special as soon as cheer season was over!  And Monday was the day to make it happen! :)

We headed to this store for something really special!

This sweet 9 year old is so excited (and a little nervous too)!

Nervous about the first ear...here goes!

Oh my!  Look at those big eyes!

First ear PIERCED!!!  So pretty and sparkly!

She was a little more laid back for the second ear!

Second ear PIERCED!!!

Look at this SMILE!  That is pure joy and excitement right there!  She LOVES her newly pierced ears!

She keeps telling me, "Mommy, I feel like it's a dream!  I keep thinking, 'Is this real?'"

So precious!  Well, our new "ear piercing rule" (that I literally just made up the other day! ha!) is that you have to be 9 years old, and it has to be AFTER cheer competition season.  They can't wear earring to cheer competitions (and not supposed to practice in them, for that matter), so in between competition season is the perfect time.

And I think CG would tell ya'll that it was definitely worth the wait!!! :)

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Just precious!
I also made a rule about ear piercing...Not gonna happen till they are at least 9 or 10!

Unknown said...

I had to wait till I was 10! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.