Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013!

Whew!  These spring days seem to just fly by, and I can't seem to ever get to the computer!  I have a minute this afternoon before we get ready for church, so I want to share our Easter weekend!

We had so much fun on a little Good Friday road trip to see my Grandmother!  She is doing great, and it was so fun to be able to shop and eat lunch with her. 

Then we woke up Saturday morning to run in a 5K Fundraiser for our sweet friend who is battling ALL.  The race was a huge success, and we all 5 (including little Caty) did the entire 5K!  So proud of the kids...it was a first time 5K experience for them and they loved it!

After the race, we came home and had our own little "backyard family egg hunt"!  Love!!!

 Ready for the hunt!

Love that Callie Grace wore the fuzzy purple bunny ears! :)

 Carson was competitive as always!  We had to make a rule that once you found 15 eggs, you had to stop and help the others!

 Caty did a great job with her bunny Easter basket!

On Easter morning, we woke up bright and early to go to the 8:00 service, and then help with the preschoolers during the next two services.  I can't even describe how awesome the morning was!  Let's just say I was glad I had packed Kleenex in my purse!  Oh my...just an amazing morning to worship our risen Lord and Savior!

Then we went out to lunch and came home to open Easter baskets.  Each one got a little present and then some Easter candy and gum!

 Carson with his cap gun!  He had never had one or shot one before and he loves it!

 Caty and her new owl tooth fairy pillow!  She can't wait to loose her first tooth! :)

Oh my...Callie Grace got her first pair of pierced earrings!  I guess that means we have to let her get her ears pierced soon! :)

It was raining outside, but I still wanted to try to get an Easter pic of all three!  Here's the first attempt...

 Giggles and gum showing! :)

2nd attempt...our little sweeties! :)

I can't really talk (or write) about how much we missed Caroline Faith this Easter without crying, so I will just leave it like this...

We are trusting God.  It is a daily spiritual battle as we are so close to seeing her face, but God is so GOOD!  He is sustaining us each and every day!  There is much peace in accepting His will and timing.  Please keep praying!  I can't even tell you how much your prayers mean to our family!

"The Lord is near.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:5-6

8 comments:

Sarah Broadus said...

okay so lets go from Easter-to Mother's Day. Greatest Mother's day present...caroline faith. Praying now1

Sarah Broadus said...

okay so lets go from Easter-to Mother's Day. Greatest Mother's day present...caroline faith. Praying now1

Sarah Broadus said...

okay so lets go from Easter-to Mother's Day. Greatest Mother's day present...caroline faith. Praying now1

Sarah Broadus said...

okay so lets go from Easter-to Mother's Day. Greatest Mother's day present...caroline faith. Praying now1

Heather said...

thinking about your family and caroline faith so much lately. praying for you momma. I know the wait is so hard. just can't wait to hear your good news.

Amy said...

Praying for your family daily! I love the Easter pictures and I greatly admire your strength and faith. You have no idea how many people God is using you to inspire through your perseverance of the journey.
Love you!

Unknown said...

Trusting with you! Can't wait to see Caroline Faith's sweet face!

Unknown said...

Praying no news is good news! You do not know me but I am praying for your family!