Monday, June 17, 2013

The 17th.

I wonder if I'll ever hit the 17th of the month and not think about our months waiting to see our daughter's face?  I don't know.  Maybe one day.  But right now, the emotions (and hope) of the 17th are fresh on my heart this morning.

Today would have marked the end of our 33rd month on the waitlist, but PRAISE GOD, I am instead looking at a picture of our daughter's face!  I am so very thankful that today is not another waitlist milestone! SO THANKFUL.

The past 2 1/2 weeks, since seeing our daughter's face have been a complete whirlwind...in the best way possible!  We have been busy with paperwork, packing lists, baby clothes, donations, pictures and more paperwork! :)  The list of things to do seems endless, but honestly, I am loving every second of it!

We are still waiting to hear of a preliminary court date, and we are praying and hoping to get that date soon! You would think I would be a "pro" at waiting by now, after the journey we've been on these last 3+ years!  But nope, I am still learning and still growing in this process.  Maybe more now than ever.  Each day I have to completely surrender my will and my wants for going to meet our daughter.  I have to lay it all at His feet, and trust Him.

We have seen His goodness, His sovereignty, His faithfulness and His perfect timing is such AWESOME ways over the past month...how could I ever doubt His plan?  I have seen my weakness and my need for Him like never before over the past few weeks.  My flesh is weak...but His power is perfected in weakness. Through my weakness, He is strong.  And I am SO THANKFUL.

So, today on the 17th, I am trusting Him for a court date.  I am believing in Him for a miracle for our daughter.  I am confident in Him.  He has proven His faithfulness over and over again.

To our ADORABLE little one,

Caroline Faith, you are not even home yet, and you are already bringing so much JOY to our family.  We can't help but smile so big when we think about you and look at your precious face!  Your smile and your joy are contagious to us and to everyone who sees your picture!  What a gift from the Lord!

We are already packing for the trip that we are hoping to soon make to come meet you!  My arms are literally just aching to hold you!  I love that now we can "see" you through pictures, but we can't wait to feel you in our arms, to hear you, to smell you, to just be with you.  We are hoping and praying that the day is coming very soon!

We are praying for you constantly.  We know that the Lord is taking such good care of you through all the amazing staff at Hannah's Hope.  You are so loved and cared for there, and that brings us such comfort and peace.  You are growing and thriving, and God's hand is continuing to sustain you.

Your brother and sisters all have pictures of you in their rooms, and they can't wait to have you home!  They love showing your pictures to all of their friends, and telling them all about you!  You are a LOVED baby sister, sweet girl! :)

We all LOVE you so much, baby girl.  And a bluebird just flew past our bedroom window as I typed that!  God is so good!  He is faithful.  The Lord is with you, and He will bring you home.

Hold on, baby girl.  We love you and we're coming soon.


"Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments."
Deuteronomy 7:9

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I hope you are planning to have a video of Gotcha Day!

Unknown said...

praying for a fast court date!! i cannot wait to rejoice with you when you get to finally hold your sweet girl for the first time!!!