Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Melkam Gena! Our 2nd Ethiopian Christmas!

I am so behind on blogging, and I need to catch up on our holiday pictures!  Wow, how does 2 months go by between every blog post?!?! :)

I think I'll start with our Ethiopian Christmas Celebration last week!  This was our 2nd Ethiopian Christmas to have Caroline Faith Letehiwot with us, and we invited our friends, the Smiths, to come over and celebrate with us!

 Getting the table ready for our Ethiopian feast!

 The girls and I made another layered cake this year!  So cute!

 But the cutest is our Ethiopian princess!!!

 She was so excited to celebrate!

 She says, "Melkam Gena!" (which is Merry Christmas in Amharic)

 Eating with her best Ethiopian friend, MoMo!

 The Ethiopian feast!!! We had Ethiopian potato salad, chicken, Ethiopian spaghetti, wraps (in the place of injera), and Ethiopian honey bread.  The kids were really good about trying almost everything!

 Moses loved his Ethiopian spaghetti!

 Caroline ate a little bit more this year than she did last year! :)

 A sweet kiss for a sweet friend!

 Cute kids after dinner!

 Only one piece of cake left!  We did the layers like the Ethiopian flag!

 The next morning was January 7th, which is Christmas Day in Ethiopia.  We started a tradition last year of hanging chocolates on a little Christmas tree and giving the kids one gift each.

 Caroline reaching out for her chocolate!

Another Christmas celebrated with our precious Ethiopian daughter, and we couldn't be more thankful!  I hope she (and all the kids) grow up with fun memories from celebrating this special holiday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
embassy of christ

Unknown said...

Amazing post dude.It will be very helpful for beginners like me.Thank you very much for this important post.Waiting for your next post.
Aztec Facial cleanse tutorial

Anonymous said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.